Friday, July 18, 2008

Hong Kong


Us right before takeoff.




We are here! After a long flight that was even longer after the flight was diverted to Anchorage, Alaska to let off a passenger with some psych issues (I'm not making this up). We arrived in Hong Kong about 7pm. With a 13 hour time difference that was about 23 hours of travel. Grace was a trooper on the flight and slept about 6 hours. This morning we've been up playing outside with Grace on a playground and are now ready for breakfast. As soon as we arrived here I could tell we were in China by the smells (different smells), the beautiful mountains and the friendly Chinese people. We fly to Fuzhou today and meet little William tomorrow afternoon!

15 kind words:

missy said...

I have been thinking about you guys and am so happy to hear you made it safely. I pray that Will is happy and healthy! Can't wait to see pics of the new brother and sister!

Karen said...

Hi Gail-So glad I checked my computer tonight...you all have been in my thoughts and prayers-and will continue to be as you move ahead on your journey to bring William home. Grace is such a beautiful girl- and her eyes show her beautiful heart... she going to be such a terrific big sister! So happy for you all!
Blessings!
Karen

Angie said...

So glad to hear that you made it!! Have a great trip! I will be praying for you all and can't wait to see sweet William with his family.

Brandi said...

So glad to hear you all made it safe & sound.

Can't wait to hear William has joined your family. I'll be praying for all of you.

Not too much longer, Grace, and you're going to be a big sister! I know you'll be a good one!

Jennifer said...

I have been waiting to get home to see if you made it. Glad things went well. I can not wait to see more pics.

Kerry said...

So happy that you are there and one step closer to Will. Hope you have a fabulous trip. Grace looks like she is ready to become a big sister!

Can't wait for your next post.

redmaryjanes said...

Hi there honey!!
I put your arrival news on the Sat Chat.
How exciting! I can't wait to see photos of little Will. I am glad that you all are traveling well.

OH MY #6 said...

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound! I have been checking your BLOG!

Enjoy and safe travels.

Lea
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Steffie B. said...

thinking of you sweet girl....I am so excited and praying for you! ;)

Kim said...

So glad you are there safe and sound...
LOVE the pictures..
I am sooo excited for you all..
Grace is going to be a GREAT big sister...
I will be stalking your blog..lol..
Have a great trip..

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

This is such an exciting time!! I look forward to seeing you unite with your son forever.

Lori and co.

Unknown said...

Heard that you had left for China on the Saturday AM chat, so I thought i would check out your blog. We're praying for safe travel and a asmooth transition as you add Will to your family. Blessings, the Barkers

suzanne said...

So glad you have arrived in Hong Kong safely. Wishing you a safe journey to China and to your son.

Paula said...

Yea, you made it. Grace looks so happy, she is beaming. Can't wait for your Gotcha day!

insanemommy said...

I absouletly love the picture of Gracie and her daddy! Haaaandsome MAN. Wow. Where've you been hiding him?!

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs