Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Snapshot - Almost to the Finish Line

{Playing hopscotch}

Finish Line 1

 Grace and Will recently asked me how many days
 were left until Summer vacation.
We're doing a little countdown on the calendar until the last day of school.


Finish Line 2

As of today we have 13 and 1/2 days of school until it's here.

Finish Line 3

This is the first Summer we have nothing scheduled...no dance, no Summer school,
just Grace's birthday and a vacation to Door County in August.

Finish Line 4

I may be more excited about school getting out than they are...
We're hoping to have a couple of trips to the Chicago area to see friends.
Other than that they'll be spending some lazy days of sleeping late (wishful thinking on my part), running through the sprinkler, swimming,
playing with friends, and going to the library to check out new books to read.

It's hard to believe how fast this school year as flown by!


Finish Line 2 Diptych

Though the first one is my favorite image,
it was a little mistake (as far as not what I was planning to shoot) that I found when I uploaded the pics.
I loved how as Grace was jumping, her legs framed Will in the bokeh and the
word 'finish' framed the bottom.
It's kind of funny because I'm finding as I continue on my journey
with photography some of those happy accidents with me and my camera
are becoming my very favorites.


Finish Line 5

Taken a few evenings ago with my Nikon d700.

50 mm lens
f/1.8 (the first image)
1/1600 sec.
ISO 640

Edited with Florabella's Classic Workflow actions
using Classic Color, 1968, and a tiny bit of Cross Process.
Please go on over and see some photographers that do amazing and inspiring
work at Stefanie's Sunday Snapshot.









Ni Hao Yall

9 kind words:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I especially love the shots of William! He is adorable!

bring on summer is all I can say!

lea
xo

Love Letters To China said...

These are so FUN! Definitely have the summer vibe in every one of them. We're counting the days too. I agree...I think I'm more excited than anyone else. :-)

Loving every single photo you take Gail. You are one very talented photographer.

xoxo

Wanda said...

Oh Gail - I love that first image. Perfectly timed. Love them all.

And I'm with you on how fast the year went. Blink....it's almost over. Your summer sounds divine. I'm inspired. We haven't booked much either.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Fabulous pictures! I love the first one and the last!

p.s. Happy birthday to Zoe!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh I love it when I have a "happy accident"...... that shot could not have been more perfectly timed!!!

What a fun series of photos Gail! We are counting the days here too....still a few weeks to go for us and LOTS on the calendar each week. We are looking forward to our summer in a big way:)

Have a great week~

xo,

Lisa

Sharon said...

Great shots! We are getting so close to summer vacation. I hope I can make it! I don't want to pack lunches or wait for the bus anymore : ) .

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

I adore everything you shoot~ intentional or accidental! Blessings and love! XOXOXOXOX

Stefanie said...

Well, you make an accident look fabulous :) Great series... makes me want to get out the sidewalk chalk and play some hopscotch!

Gina Kleinworth said...

How did I miss this post? LOVE IT!!! The perspective on these is FABULOUS!

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs