Thursday, January 19, 2012

Favorite Photo Friday - Snowy days

Snowy days Will blog

Old man Winter has finally arrived in these parts,
with snow and more snow this week.
Tomorrow's forecast is another 6-8 inches and there's already
talk of school being cancelled (which rarely happens here.)
Snowy days storyboard
This is our pup Zoe's first Winter and she LOVES it.
I think because she's a lab/husky mix she's absolutely built for snow and cold.
She and Will are big fans of laying down in the white stuff.


Snowy days Grace blog

I have fond memories of me as a little girl playing for hours with my siblings
making tunnels and snow caves.
Why is it that children don't seem to notice cold faces and frozen fingers?
It's because they're having so much fun!



Snowy days Grace portrait blog

My snow bunny Grace.
I love the snowflakes in her hair and on the hood of her jacket.

I shoot quite a few snow pictures here in Wisconsin,
thought I'd give my camera settings:


F/ 2.2
1/2500 sec.
ISO - 160
50 mm lens

Edited with Florabella's
Classic Workflow Photoshop Actions.
I used Classic Color at 50%
and Basic Color Boost at 25%,
with Highlight Protector added and a little sharpening.





the long road

16 kind words:

Love Letters To China said...

When Natalie saw the last picture of Grace she said "Oh look how pretty she looks! I love her cat hat. ". I agree with her, she does look beautiful.

Hope you're staying warm Gail. Wish you could come down for a visit and defrost. Our doors are always open. :-)

xoxo

dawn said...

At this time of year I love vicariously through your snow photos.
What a stunning photo of grace......as always.

I'd love to come and play with Will.

Brooke said...

Beautiful photos!! Enjoy all that fluffy white stuff. We're lucky if we get an inch all winter long!! (And believe me.... they would definitely close school for it down here!) ;) xoxo!! Brooke

Buckeroomama said...

Wow, look at all that snow! I love how you captured the kids' (and the pup's) joy in playing in the snow. So beautiful (as always). :)

Faith Hope Love Photography said...

So much fun...I need to get out and do this with the girls. I just love that last one of Grace! Thank you so much for your settings...i just love when awesome photographers do that ;)

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

SO beautiful!!! Don't think we will have snow anytime soon. Barely gets into the 40s here lately. Your photos are amazing!!! Makes me want to be there! Blessings and love! XO

likeschocolate said...

Thanks for sharing your tips. While we don't get a whole lot of snow here in Georgia, the lighting can be super tricky. I love the photo where she is throwing up the snow.

Seeing Each Day said...

All lovely shots - particularly your first and second captures - just lovely.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

these are super cute Gail. I love the colours! And, Zoe is adorable!

I had Stano and Oliver out in the snow yesterday and they romped around like puppies!

lea
xo

suzanne said...

Beautiful pictures

Vhen said...

beautiful pictures! hope to experience snow someday :)

http://thelayugan.blogspot.com/2012/01/366-1-4.html

Sharon said...

Snow! Yay! We might get some tonight. Can't wait to see how Charlie reacts for her first snow. Zoe is adorable!

Jaymi said...

awesome portraits! I love love LOVE that shot thats focused on the snow with the bright blue jacket behind it. really beautiful!

Gina Kleinworth said...

YAY- snow pics. I have been waiting on the edge of my seat since you said that you were expecting some snow soon. I knew the post to follow would just brighten my entire day. LOVE these & seriously- that last one of Grace- she is so stunning!! WOW! (I also love that you shared your processing- you knew I would be wondering) :) Have a fantastic weekend Gail! (do you think I could talk you in to shipping some of that white stuff out this way?)

Unknown said...

Gosh, do your kids make snow look fun?!

Lovely photos. The last one of Grace is stunning!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh they certainly had some fun playing in the white fluffy stuff!!

Beautiful photos....that last one of Grace is perfection!

xo,

Lisa

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs