Friday, January 6, 2012

1/52 - journey

Camera Diptych
It's a new year and pretty natural
for self reflection and looking ahead.
I was recently thinking about how it was just about 3 years ago
that I received my first DSLR camera.

My journey with photography has been interesting to say the least
and I couldn't have possibly ever seen what was ahead.
I've had a fun year, and my photography continues to change and grow.
I'm very much looking forward to learning more
 and seeing what 2012 brings.


Probably the best part for me personally has been that I've been able to give back.
A few months ago I was asked by An Orphan's Wish to be
one of their photo editors.
I have the great pleasure of choosing and editing photos each month
for their web site home page.

An Orphan's Wish provides a loving, caring environment for orphaned children in China.
It specializes in helping children with medical conditions, special needs and cerebral palsy.
I hope you'll click on the link and meet these special children.
The huge bonus is that I get to fall in love with these precious ones
as I edit away.


Hoping the New Year is all that you hope for and then some!


Quote
Kodak Brownie Hawkeye camera (circa 1950-1961).



the long road

13 kind words:

Jboo said...

You are amazing! Your photography is fabulous and I love every single photo you take! Wish I had a small fraction of your vision and talent!

Happy Friday!


janet

Michelle said...

You are an amazing photographer and you are a great source of inspiration for me!! Many thanks!!

Love Letters To China said...

You know how I feel about your photography. I would have a really hard time just using one adjective...fabulous, inspiring, fantastic, gorgeous to name a few. I'm so happy to be able to follow along on your photography journey and see what the new year brings.

xo

p.s. An Orphans Wish is very fortunate to have you as their photography editor. :-)

Marla said...

Oh that's neat, Gail! What a great way to contribute. Happy New Year to you and your pretty family!

Stefanie said...

Love Letters said it perfectly - An Orphan's Wish is VERY fortunate to have you as photography editor!

You ROCK.... not just your abilities (which are amazing, btw) but your heart, too :)

Happy New Year! It's going to be a great year!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

U Rock the Casbah! You know I am one of your groupies! Not just your photography but our awesome friendship!

2012 is your year!

lea
xo

Gina Kleinworth said...

Love this post Gail. I love the photos & what a great opportunity to be asked to choose & edit photos for An Orphan's Wish. You have so much talent to offer & what a great place to use it. You know that I think your photography is stunning & I can only hope that when I hit my 3 year mark with my DSLR - that my photos are as beautiful as yours. You have given me a goal :)

Chris said...

Wow! Thank you so much for all you do for AOW!!! :) We are very blessed to have you!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I love that you are using your talent in this way. It's a wonderful organization, too.

Jodee said...

You are a fabulous photographer! I must sneak over to see the cute China babies!

Buckeroomama said...

You are such an inspiration --your photos and what you do to give back. :)

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What an amazing way to give back and your work is nothing short of gorgeous! loved looking at the website!!! Blessings!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a cool old camera......and I love the vintage feel of the processing too!!

Interesting Journey.... yes it has been:) You are extremely gifted Gail.... always look forward to your photos!

xo,

Lisa

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs