Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cupcakes and cocoa

About 5 days before Christmas
Grace expressed the desire to have a little tea party with a couple of her friends.
It was hard to squeeze it in before the 25th, but we managed to have
a little get together just before New Years.
Cupcake friends 1
She had a little notebook and had written down
everything she wanted.
She's a list maker like her mom.

Cupcake friends 2

Marie Grace was invited,
as were Lydia and Izzy.
The tea party theme eventually turned into cupcakes and hot chocolate.
(Definitely their favorite Winter time drink.)




Cupcake friends 3
Grace and I baked and frosted the cupcakes the night before.
If you ever bake mini cupcakes, you fill
the papers about 2/3 full and bake at 325 degrees for 15 -18 minutes.
They turned out perfect.



Hot chocolate Diptych

3 sweet girls who happen to each live only a few houses away.
They're beautiful on the inside and out,
we're so thankful for best friends!


Cupcake friends 6

7 kind words:

Love Letters To China said...

Wow...can you be my mommy too? :-) What a wonderful get together for the girls. Love how Marie Grace was in attendance. You really are an awesome mommy. Wish we lived closer so our girls could get together and have these types of plans. I think Natalie is really missing out not having any girl friends right next door.

xoxo

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

so sticking cute! WHAT? WHAT? You made these cupcakes? I thought you bought them at a bakery!!!! I must try to make some. I won a cupcake cookbook at a Christmas party and it is full of cute things.

I love that Grace made a list and I love that girl in her silver sparkle. Her quests are darn cute too!

Thank you, for putting a smile on my face! Your the best.

lea
xo

Misty said...

My little 2 year old is sitting here looking at blogs with me and when she saw these pictures her response was, "That's tute!(cute)":)

Sharon said...

I think that's so great they all live so close together. Growing up there was one house between my BFF and I. It was awesome. I don't have that now for my kids. We are secluded....no neighbors.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

SO sweet to have precious friends and to have them over for a party is delightful! Love the photos of such sweetness. Such a sweet thought for Grace to have her friends over and even sweeter that you said yes and helped! Blessings and love!
XO

Kim said...

SOoooooo cute.. love it.. I want to come to the next tea party.. .Love ya

Gina Kleinworth said...

What a delightful time Gail!!!! I just love the details- the party dresses- the cocoa. I also think it's great that she is a list maker- it will make life so much easier for her later on. (can you tell that I am like that too??) :D

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs