Friday, December 11, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening.
In the lane snow is glistening
A beautiful sight
We're happy tonight.
Walking in a Winter Wonderland.

Well the snow is glistening and beautiful. Don't know if I'm happy because it's minus 2 below zero outside as I write this, but it is a Winter Wonderland. Wednesday it arrived over a 24 hour period with 17 inches of snow brought by a blizzard. We had 1 snow day here, and it was great that Dan got to stay home with us because his business was closed too.
We couldn't have driven anywhere anyway because the roads were full of snow and the plows had problems keeping up with it, the snow was coming down so hard.


After the snow stopped Wed. afternoon Grace went outside and played with Will's friend Miles, they did lots of digging with shovels and sliding down small snow hills. The first big snow is truly beautiful and especially with the Christmas lights lit up at night.



Will is NOT fond of snow and cold so we both stayed inside warm and toasty and made some cupcakes(he was a great helper too). We decorated them with little Christmas stencils I bought at Crate and Barrel. Do you think he was just a little bit happy eating them? He's honestly the most expressive child I've ever seen...and so funny!


Wherever you live, I hope you're enjoying this wonderful season. I have a little bit of Christmas shopping to finish up, and plan on starting some wrapping and my Christmas cards. We'll be outside playing in the snow I'm sure as it's supposed to warm up a little.

And please remember to enter the drawing for the ornament, it's on Sunday!






17 kind words:

Super Mommy said...

Oh my! Sounds extra c-c-cold, but super fun! Your photos are beautiful! My girls are waiting to see if it will snow again for us in Houston, they had a blast (although we didn't get enough to snow to shovel)!

Those cupcakes look yummy...Will is totally enjoying them!

Brandi said...

Those are beautiful pics. I absolutely LOVE that first one. The snow is so pretty....but hope it doesn't make it down our way. Well...maybe just a little...

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Oh my gosh, your photography is stunning. U might even be able to make me look good.

Love the little angel boy in the snow ornament. You MUST tell me where you got it.

Lea
xo

kerri said...

beautiful Gail!!
Can't wait until we have some snow for pics, we have minus 8 temps but none of the white stuff!!

Karen said...

Gorgeous pics of your wintry wonderland, Gail! We are hoping for some snow for Christmas- it is definitely cold enough now! Stay warm and enjoy the weekend!

Wanda said...

We got hit with the same storm. It did pretty up everything and we got outside to enjoy it too. (Well....like you....some of us.)

Beautiful pictures. I love the first one - so serene and interesting how the snow is only on one side of everything. Also the pink one of Grace. Gorgeous!

Jboo said...

Oh my -- you took the most beautiful photos! That Will - he is an expressive little guy and those treats look yummy! Have a fun wintery weekend!

Janet

Kim said...

LOVE the photos and love the cupcake fun..
The little ornament of the kid making a snow angel is tooo cute..
sorry it is sooo cold..
Have a great weekend..
Hugs..

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

It looks so beautiful.......I am sure it is freezing, but it looks so pretty!! That first picture could be a postcard:)

I am with Will.....I like to stay warm inside. He IS the most expressive child.......super cute!! Looks like he is a great helper:)

Hope you all stay warm this weekend!!

xo,

Lisa

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh, gorgeous! But of course I'm sitting here in much warmer Maryland, with my jammies, slippers and under an electric blanket. (And the Tongginator loathes the cold, too.)

Courtney said...

Love all the snow pictures. I wish we would get some snow, but all we have had is cold rain. I love looking at Christmas lights with snow on them.

Alyson and Ford said...

Beautiful pictures! Lovely family, what a special day!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

fleur de lis cottage said...

These pics are amazing. Gail, your photography keeps getting better and better!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Love these pictures!!!! You got a lot of snow...we only have about an inch on the ground....did I mention I hate salt!!!!!
The cupcakes look yummy and Will looks like he is enjoying them.
I missed you today I had no one to shop with...

Steffie B. said...

hi pretty girl...can you tall me where you make the collages?

Dita said...

Gail I can't imagine a more perfect winter wonderland than this...a day outside and inside with your precious lovelies!

I could dive right into those cupcakes!

Your photos are just gorgeous!

Kayce said...

Ooooo I love the snow!! I grew up in the snow and miss it so much! Those cupcakes you guys made look divine!

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs