Sunday, December 13, 2009

collages and we have a WINNER!

These are 2 collages I made recently of some pics I took this week of Grace and Will when we decorated our family room tree. I tried some different ways of processing and I liked the kind of vintage effect. Anyway, lately I've had several emails and comments asking me how I make the story boards or collages for my
blog. BTW I like to use them because I can get more pictures in a post and I guess I just plain like how they look. There are 2 ways that I know how to make them and they're through flickr and Picasa.




I use Picasa 3.6 which is a free editing software program and you can get it here. Once your photos come into it you can start making your collage. You basically click on a picture you want to use and look down at the bottom of the screen and will see several choices. Click on 'collage.' On the Left side of the screen you can pick different settings as far as page format. Then go over to 'clips' and pick 1 or more pictures to add to the collage. You can shuffle or change the arrangement and play around with it and have fun. When you have it the way you want, click on 'create collage.' I save them and upload them into flickr and then into my blog post. And if you have questions please leave me a comment or email me, I'd be happy to help.


And now for the winner of the glass fan ornament. Right after church today Grace drew Brandi's name! Brandi and I were in the same Nov. 06 LID group and she has 3 daughters, her youngest Kalia was adopted from China this year. Congrats on winning, I'm certain the ornament will look beautiful on your tree!

12 kind words:

Missy said...

I love your processing lately!!! Thanks for the tutorial on Picasa :) Love these pics. Yay for Brandi! Have a great week, Gail!

Kim said...

Congrats Brandi...
Love the collages..
have a great week.
hugs..

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I love the pics. they are gorgeous. The kids look so darn cute. I love Grace's sweater. I want one for me!

Thanks for the fun Gail.

Lea
xo

Jboo said...

Beautiful photos -- thanks for the tips -- I'll have to give that a try some day, if I ever catch up on housework, shopping, etc. :)

Hope you all have a great week!

Janet

Wanda said...

I'm so glad you use Picasa too. I've been using it for awhile now and it's so easy.

Beautiful pictures!

Jeanne said...

Hello
I have been following your blog for a long time now. I have two grand-daughters adopted from China aged 7 and nearly 3 so feel we have something in common. Your little girl is really beautiful and your son adorable you must be so proud of them both. Thank you for sharing these wonderful early years.

Colleen said...

I love your photos and the vintage look you gave them! Gorgeous!!!
I love Grace's sweater too....where is it from if you don't mind sharing:)
Congrats to Brandi!!!

Gavin's Family said...

Thanks for the tips with the pictures. I'm always looking for ways to tweak my blog to make it better.
I love all the sweaters Will has been wearing in the last few posts. I hope Gavin will wear sweaters. Levi's not a big fan of them.

Dita said...

Thanks for the collage tips, Gail. I have always admired them on your blog and would like to give them a whirl on mine!

Congratulations, Brandi.....what a beautiful ornament and memory of this Christmas and Gail's blog!

Gail......I just love watching the two of your angels interact...Grace looks like the BEST big sister EVER!

Kayce said...

Beautiful pictures! Beautiful!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Thanks for the collage tips.....I am not as familiar with Picasa as I am BigHugeLabs.....I will have to check it out:) Your collages rock....and so do your photos!!!!

Hooray for Brandi!!

xoxo,

Lisa

a Tonggu Momma said...

I love looking at your photos, Gail. I truly do. (Oh, and your gorgeous children, too. I mean, that's a given.)

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs