Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Snow!

'Snowmen fall from heaven...unassembled.' ~ unknown
Being a native Midwesterner, and growing up in Northern Illinois and Indiana I've seen my share of snow. The first big snow is still wonderful to me and magical in a way. Maybe because I feel like a kid when my own kids get bundled up in their snow gear and go outside for some fun. I still remember what it felt like to be cold and a little wet but it didn't matter because I was having too much fun!

Sunday it warmed up a bit into the low 30's and we didn't go far, just to our front yard and Grace and Will did a little sledding and snow angel making. We got some great smiles out of Will with the sledding...he likes to help Daddy shovel too.


Today it's 7 degrees so we won't be outside playing. I believe Santa is all finished shopping for our family now.... have to finish up a little more wrapping but he can see the end in sight! ;) Miss Grace and I will be doing some baking this week.





13 kind words:

Love Letters To China said...

Your photos are just beautiful. I really look forward to seeing your new posts. Enjoy baking with your daughter!

Kim said...

My goodness you guys really have the snow! We're in lower Michigan and we keep getting missed. Great photos! Enjoy these special days!

Jboo said...

That looks like so much fun! Although I like the look of snow, I'm not a huge fan! Can't wait to see your baking photos!

Janet

Wanda said...

We are definately sharing some of the same weather. All that snow looks very familiar. Your picutres really captrue the joy of playing in it with total abandon.

Enjoy your baking. We'll be starting the same on Saturday.

:)
Wanda (At Last...)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

These photos of the kids are spectacular!!! What a fun day in the snow.... 30 Degress is warmed up??? Oh my word....it must have been really cold!!

So glad that Santa is finished up.....now maybe he can work on my list:)

xoxo,

Lisa

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

the photos are so great. I feel like I am there. U talented thing U!

Lea
xo

Super Mommy said...

Did you say seven degrees?? Brrrrr! Love the picutures - the Grace makes sledding look fun!

Kim said...

LOVE the photos..
Looks like the kids are having sooo much fun..
Have a great week...
Hugs..

Courtney said...

Beautiful pictures. I have grown up with lots of snow, but that first snow is magical!

Marla said...

LOVE these pictures, you can just feel the fun. Wish a little of that white stuff would visit us for Christmas.

Have fun baking and congrats on being done with the shopping, wish I could say the same!

Kayce said...

Oh that looks SO much fun!! I miss the snow so bad! Our first camping trip once we are home is straight to the snow somewhere!!

Casey said...

I miss snow!!! I hope it snows a TON while we are in PA for Christmas.

Beautiful pictures!! The kids look like they are having a blast!

Alyson and Ford said...

Beautiful photos; love seeing the glee on their faces!
I miss the snow (not the driving or shoveling part!!) but will take AA to Maine each year for some cold fun.

Merry Christmas!
Alyzabeth's Mommy

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs