Sunday, December 2, 2007

Visit to the tree farm




As long as I can remember my family has always had the tradition of a having a live tree for Christmas. And not a tree bought from a lot somewhere, I was brought up with the experience of getting in the car (in those days a station wagon), and going with my 3 siblings and parents out to some remote tree farm in the cold and snow to find just the "right one." As an adult I've lived in North Carolina, Ohio, California, Illinois and now Wisconsin, and it's something I've so loved about getting ready for Christmas ~ getting that tree. Yesterday we took Grace out to a tree farm about 15 minutes east of where we live. The day we picked to do this happened to be the day of the first big snow of the season. Grace's favorite part of the tree farm is seeing 2 reindeer that live there and are cared for quite well. We brought some apples for them to eat. Grace told me their names are "Donder and Blitzen." Don't know where she got that from, but it is very sweet. So that's what we call them. Hope you all have Christmas traditions that you continue each year. :)

3 kind words:

Ashley said...

What a fun day! I love the reindeer, and the cute names Grace had for them. I hope you all had a merry time getting your Christmas tree.

redmaryjanes said...

What a perfect tradition! Your pictures are wonderful. I would love to see real reindeer.

Angie said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. The pictures with the snow falling all around you are great!

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs