Monday, August 31, 2009

Chicago-part 1

Well we've got a very busy week starting tomorrow with the first day of school and Will's final adoption court hearing on Wednesday. I thought I'd put up a few images I got from the workshop. One word to sum it up...AWESOME!

We got to photograph professional models which was a first for me...what a treat and what sweethearts they were. Very patient with 10 women in their faces with cameras...

We learned about using off camera flash with pocket wizards, light, exposure compensation, reflectors and using a soft box with a flash. I've got a wish list of things I'd love someday...

Also learned about long exposure times...the below one was shot looking east on the Chicago river with the Tribune Tower and Wrigley building to the left. The bridge you see in the distance is North Michigan Avenue...Chicago's magnificent mile.


More later in the week about Chicago and the fabulous time we all had...the best weekend I've had in a long time meeting up with friends and making new ones. Thank you Debbie...you continue to inspire me to try new things and be a better photographer, I can't say enough about her workshops. :)


11 kind words:

Rachel said...

Great pictures Gail! Glad you had a good time at workshop.

Jboo said...

Great photos! And it sounds like it was so much fun! Love Chicago too!

Janet

Kim said...

Wow - great photos! Glad you had a good time.

Sheri said...

These are awesome Gail! It was wonderful meeting you this weekend, and I really appreciate all the help you gave me with my camera. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Marla said...

Great shots Gail! I can only imagine how much fun you ladies had. Have a great week!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I know you ladies had a complete blast.....you made me wish I was there with you everytime I heard you all on the phone:)

The pictures are AMAZING!!! I bet you have a long wish list.....tell Dr. Dan, Christmas is coming real soon, maybe he needs to do some early shopping:)

Hope the first day went well for the kids!

Lisa

Kim said...

Great photos..
Sounds like a great time..

Missy said...

Beautiful pics, Gail! So glad that you had such a great time :)
Hugs!

Casey said...

Stunning photos!! Love that last one! Can't wait to hear more...

Good luck with starting school and Congrats on the final adoption court day. Looks like a lot going on for your family!

Dita said...

Wow...great shots, Gail.

A little birdy told me that you and your photog posse were kickin' it up in Chicago somethin' fierce.

Well, Missy....the Birdie and I will be in NYC in November and we are lookin' forward to painting the town red with you!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Gail the pictures are awesome!!! I am putting mine up tonight..well a few of them. I had the best time!!!! I love being with you girls. : )

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs