Sunday, August 26, 2012

Beach Days (Sunday Snapshot)




{A little beach fun...Door County style}


Beach days 2

Why do we flock to the beach (whether it's near a lake or ocean) every Summer?
Maybe it's because everything about it is calming and renewing.
All stress and anxiety leaves.
We all need a little 'beach therapy' from time to time in our lives.


Beach days 1


I have always loved the beach.
Maybe it's the sensory part of it...the sounds of 
the water, my children's laughter, the feel of sand, sun and wind,
and the obvious visual appeal of textures and color.




Beach Days Storyboard 1

We took advantage of the little private beach where we stayed
last week. We were the only ones there for quite a while.


Beach days 3


I happened to find the perfect vintage sand pail
and playing cards at a little shop that added some charm to our little beach themed shoot.

Beach days 4

When I uploaded the photos I could really see how much my 
children had grown.
Time is flying by and I cherish all these images.
All the little details.
They stay young for such a short time.
I loved the image of Will's little feet in his flip
flops with the sand on his toes.
Someday I'll look at that photo and remember these precious days.


Beach Days Storyboard 2

We have had a perfect Summer in so many ways
and are a little sad to see it leaving.

Beach days 19 
These were taken with two different lenses, my 35 mm 1.4 for the wide shots and
85mm 1.4 for others.

The first one ~
Nikon d700
85mm 1.4
f/2.2
1/6400 sec.
ISO 160

A very quick edit was done in PS with one of Florabella's new Colorplay actions.
I used an action called 'Matte Film' which
gave the perfect vintage matte finish which is
exactly what I wanted to add to these images.


Ni Hao Yall

8 kind words:

Michelle said...

Stunning and captures the beauty of summer and children on so many levels!!

Jodee said...

What a fun day at the beach! Cute pictures!

Steffie B. said...

Love these......Daniel is sooo into playing cards as well....G & W look so grown up....glad you had a wonderful time before the craziness begins! ;)

likeschocolate said...

Such lovely photos! So sad summer is almost over.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

these two cuties have perfect yoga poses in that first shot! I love how they are sitting perfectly on their sit bones!

These are stunning Gail.

I just love the pail and my parents had that exact cola cooler! I think my uncle worked for coke!

Thanks for sharing these. Love them.

lea
xo

Hannah said...

These are beautiful! I love the feeling of them. Do you love the 35? I have a 50 and have been thinking of a 35 for wide shots.

Gina Kleinworth said...

These are positively FABULOUS Gail- what a great time!!!!!

Stefanie said...

Such a sweet set! Looks like everyone had a blast :)

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs