Saturday, August 6, 2011

Grace is 9


On the other side of the world does she remember and wonder?
 We share a daughter.


I think of your birth mother often but especially on this day...the day of your birth.
I know very little about her except that
she tried for a while to keep you, Grace.
And I believe she loved you very much.
I wish I could meet this woman some day and tell her what you're like.
I know she'd be incredibly proud...

Grace 9 yrs Diptych

Could she have ever dreamed that her beautiful baby girl would become
a sensitive, thoughtful, smart, joyful, compassionate and funny 9 year old?

Grace 9 yrs - 3

Who loves to laugh, play games, dance, draw and create.
Grace is a wonderful friend and sister, daughter and Granddaughter.
Those who meet her, never forget her.
Grace 9 yrs - 4

Happy Birthday!
You are 9.

May all your hopes and dreams come true on this special day...my sweet, sweet Grace.
As we celebrate your day of birth I also honor this woman who gave you life 9 years ago in China,
and say thank you...




21 kind words:

Melanie said...

Not sure I've commented here before, but I love your blog!
Happy Birthday Grace I hope you have a fun one!!!

Unknown said...

Gail - this post is nothing less than STUNNING!!! That last shot of Grace is breathtaking! Wishing your beautiful girl a very happy 9th birthday!

XOXO Lots of love! Jill

Laurie said...

Happy b-day, Grace! You know what I love most about this post, Gail? In that last shot you can TOTALLY see how much she loves the photographer!

Jboo said...

What a sweet and beautiful post! Grace is such a lovely girl -- hope she has a fabulous birthday! Being 9 is so much fun!

Janet

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Grace. You wrote such a beautiful post. I am sure her birth mother would be so proud.

Love Letters To China said...

Happy Birthday Grace! I hope you have a fabulous day celebrating. Gail... the words you used to describe your daughter are perfect in every way. She truly is such a sweet, loving soul.

Love these shots! They are amazing...

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grace! You are beautiful on the inside and out. Have a fabulous fun filled day!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Simply amazing...

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Just a beautiful post Gail for a beautiful 9 year old girl!!! That last picture just makes me speechless!

Missy said...

Such a beautiful tribute to your precious girl and the lady who gave her life. I always feel like I "know" Grace. Your posts describe her so well and your photos seem to capture her true essence. I hope that nine is her funnest year yet. (I loved nine with Paige :) PS- The last picture is my favorite of her! Framer!

Jodee said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! Adorable pictures!

Kjbikakis said...

Happy Birthday Grace! You look Beautiful in these pictures! I hope you have a very wonderful and special 9th birthday!
God Bless~
-Kirstie Bikakis

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Grace - I have loved watching you grow more beautiful the past few years.

Faith Hope Love Photography said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Grace...hope you had a great day!!

likeschocolate said...

Happy Birthday Grace! Wishing you many more happy birthdays!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Grace! These images are amazing!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I hope Grace had a wonderful birthday celebration!!

She is such a beautiful girl....and these photos show us both her inner and outer beauty!

Hope that Nine is a wonderful year for Miss Grace!

Have a great night~

xoxo,

Lisa

PS. Love the picture above of the chairs on the beach. Can't wait to see more from your vacation!!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

I LOVE this post and was thinking of doing something similar tomorrow on SJ's real birthday so I hope it's ok if I mirror some of your thoughts. I think about my girls' birth moms too and wonder if they remember but then of course they do. What mother forgets her child? I pray they all know how very much loved their children are. Blessings and happy to a very beautiful Grace!!!
XOXO

China Dreams said...

Her birth mother probably dreamed of a better life for her daughter.

You dreamed of a daughter.

Grace probably has no idea that she is the fulfillment of someone else's dreams, but she is a lovely girl.

Happy Birthday!

Ruby

Buckeroomama said...

Happy birthday, Grace!

Every time I see your pics of Grace, it's almost like I could look into the future and see her in a catwalk in Paris... or see her in the pages of magazines. You capture her so beautifully!

Kayce said...

Beautiful post Gail!

Happy Birthday sweet Grace!! I hope the year ahead is filled with all things fun and fabulous for you!

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs