Friday, December 9, 2011

Favorite photo(s) Friday - in search of the perfect tree

Tree 6
In years prior when we visited our favorite tree farm in early December,
we have for lack of better words...
basically frozen our rear ends off.
This year was a pleasant exception.
Tree Storyboard

I did notice that I didn't get a shot of Dan actually cutting down the tree,
but I'm sure you get the idea.
This is obviously one of our favorite Christmas traditions and after the tree is tied to the top
of the car, we go inside
the little house on the property to warm up and have hot apple cider.
I find that I look forward to this experience almost more than actually putting up the tree
and decorating it.
Grace and Will have so much fun here and can race up and down the rows.

Tree dyptic

Hope you all are enjoying this season
and taking time for yourself too.

(Will and his Daddy, they are best buds).
Tree 10



the long road

7 kind words:

Jboo said...

What a special and fun outing! Am sure you found the perfect tree and can't wait to see it all decorated!

Hope you have a fun weekend!

janet

Love Letters To China said...

Such wonderful memories you captured. I must say I've never experienced anything like this. It's always been something I've read about or seen in a movie. I hope to do the same one year with my kids. The only problem is we're going to have to move because there are only palm trees to cut down around here. ;-)

Love the one of Grace with her arms around Will.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend Gail!

xoxo

likeschocolate said...

Great Photos! Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh Gail- what fun! I miss the days when we lived someplace where we could do that. Memories to last a lifetime.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

A great day captured! I so wish we could have a live tree. Those were some of our 'funnest' memories with the bigs when they were littles... going to out to cut our tree. They stayed so sick during Christmas, we finally figured out we couldn't have a live one. So I bought an artificial one and a Frasier fur candle. LOL Grace and Will are just adorable!!! XOXO

Unknown said...

Awesome! Every single shot! Lovely!

xoxo Have a blessed weekend!
Jill

Sharon said...

Wonderful memories! We did this yesterday. Gorgeous pics as always !!!!

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs