Wednesday, May 4, 2011

black and white Wednesday - a boy's life

Will playing 1

A boy is Truth with dirt on it's face,
Beauty with a cut on its finger,
Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair,
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.

~ Author Unknown
Will playing 2

He was born with a gift of laughter.

~ Rafael Sabatini

Will playing Storyboard

Tall oaks from little acorns grow.


~ David Everett
Will playing 8
(Will was fascinated with the lichens growing on the log, so we had a little discussion about them).


What a life this little boy leads.

One of climbing, jumping, exploring, running,
playing with a stick or pretending he's a Super Hero.
Will can be... gentle but also strong.
Dirty but cleans up well.
Loud and clunky.
Quiet and thoughtful.
Mischievous and funny.
He picks dandelions and often gives them away to his mommy.
And he's always a sweet and loving little guy that gives the best hugs ever!


Will playing 9

Last week, Will and I attended his Kindergarten registration meeting
at the school he'll be attending the Fall.
He met his teacher and spent about an hour in her room, getting to know her and the other children.
I couldn't be any more proud of him because he's worked incredibly hard to get to this place.
And what a journey it's been. :)

I'm so fortunate he's my son and wouldn't trade the nearly 3 years with him for anything.

Will playing 10
Happy Wednesday!
Check out Lisa's blog, The Long Road to China for many more black and whites.
And meet some wonderful people too.

the long road

21 kind words:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

A precious son he is indeed! LOVE all the photos and things you shared about him. He's SO cute!!! Again makes me SO excited about about being Will's mom~ I'll have to get used to lots of dirt and frogs. LOL :) Blessings today sweet friend!
XO

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

He is just a bunch of cuteness. I always love the pictures you take of him from behind. He strut is adorable.

lea
xo

jennifer said...

These are beautiful pics of your sweet boy! I can't believe he's going to kindergarten!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet and gorgeous boy!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Nothing like a son and you and I are lucky to have not one but two of them! :) He is so adorable and I hope that I get to meet him someday soon! Beautiful pictures!
Happy Wednesday SFAM!

Kim said...

Soooo handsome..
Love it.
Have a great Wednesday..
Hugz..
Love you girly..

Ashley Sisk said...

It looks pretty great to be a boy - I want to run and jump and play!

Love Letters To China said...

OMG Gail..... He is just so adorable! I love all of them....but I'm drawn to the last one in b&w. He has such soulful eyes. He reminds me of another little boy I know. :-)

xoxo

Wanda said...

I can see all these things in your sweet boys face. Love the settings in these pictures. Your composition is so great. Love them all.

Happy Wednesday.
xoxox

Jboo said...

He is such a cutie and reminds me of my boys when they were little! What an adorable little face! Happy Wednesday!

Janet

Robin said...

I just love the last 2 pictures!! Beautiful brown eyes! He is growing up Grace :( Tyler would have a BLAST with Will!!

Laura L. said...

Very cute pictures, of a very cute boy. Kindergarten! How exciting for him!

Unknown said...

i love every shot of him gail! he reminds me a bunch of our 5 yr old son!

much love and blessings,
jill

Casey said...

I think you and I should just completely abandon modern reason and go with the traditional match-making of the past.... Let's get Will and Em together. Same age, same interests. I'm sure they'll have a blast in 20 years or so.... what do you say?? :)

likeschocolate said...

He is darling! Wow! Kindergarten is a big step. I hope he loves it come fall.

carolinagirl said...

always always always love your photography! i have just finished Lisa's online class and am still practicing. I can totally tell how much your own natural talent comes into play. you are very gifted!

can i ask what you use to process your black and whites? do you use a program or florabella actions?
thanks so much!
corey

Kayce said...

Will is just adorable! He reminds me so much of my Jake at that age and this age is the best!

Faith Hope Love Photography said...

Sometimes, just sometimes seeing handsome little boys like this makes me wish I had one...but I don't say that too loudly as having 2 girls is wonderful!! He is so cute. We are gearing up for a busy month with Kya too with Kindergarten Roundup...fun and sad :( Gorgeous photos!

China Dreams said...

Will is all boy, too. Love the photos of him.
Ruby

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

He is absolutely adorable!! Love these pictures of him in action...... I say this all the time, but his personality is just seems larger than life!! I could only imagine him in person.

Have a Happy Mother's Day Gail.....enjoy your special day~

xoxo,

Lisa

jenbusymom said...

Great pictures, happy mother's day to you too!

 
© Aging with Grace and strong Will
CoffeeShop Designs